Newcomer in Stockholm, need tips and opinions

Välkommen till FIXEDGEAR.SE!
nicgac

Newcomer in Stockholm, need tips and opinions

Post by nicgac » 23 Sep 2015 15:38

Hej!

So I landed a few weeks ago in Stockholm for what was supposed to be a short trip, but it seems I'll spend more time than expected and will stay here for the next month. I must say the place is just so awesome for biking, traffic is pretty peaceful, roads are mostly good and people usually super nice. I'm from Switzerland so I enjoy a lot a city with smooth slopes, though I miss downhills!

I've been biking almost everyday around town, and though one can consider my style as "aggressive" I've never come across any polis or other angry road users. My aim is not to give riders here a bad name and I'd be happy to know your tricks, experiences and opinions on how to stay on the OK side. I've been bike messenging many years ago, and riding extensively in cities such as Istanbul or Paris, so I think I've lost most common sense about this ;)

About bike messenging, I wanted to know if people on this forum had experiences in this field. I was thinking about contacting a few "cykelbud" companies around here, but I was wondering first what was the market, how was the winter like for working here and what could be special to Sweden/Stockholm (apart from the Swedish language that I now have to learn asap!).

Tak sa mycket for your kind answers (and for having read down to here such this message)! Take care, be safe!

Nic

nicgac

Re: Newcomer in Stockholm, need tips and opinions

Post by nicgac » 03 Nov 2015 16:11

Up, subject got finally published nov 3rd..

abacaxi

Post by abacaxi » 03 Nov 2015 16:29

All group rides stopped when everybody here became a cykelbud so there are more than plenty. Alas not me, I'm just the guy missing the group rides. :)
K: sadelstolpe silver utan setback 27,2
K: sadelstolpklämma silver 31,8
K: bangaffel 1", muffat stål eller kolfiber
http://velospace.org/user/71128